Sinclair’s advocates might say that everything that we are saying about Larry Sinclair is a lie. The problem with that statement, however, is that I and others have used Sinclair’s own words.
Some might say that anyone is entitled to forget a fact or remember something different later on. I would suggest to that person that in a normal situation, that would be absolutely true.
However, changing one’s story, embellishing details or taking away details along with changing timelines seem to be on its face, what it really is…A LIE.
Let’s get started:
06/18/08: National Press Conference with Larry Sinclair
QUESTIONER: ‘Why didn’t you keep your cell phone records when Mr. Young called you? Were you billed for the cell phone?’
SINCLAIR: ‘I have personally contacted Sprint/Nextel approximately two weeks ago…uh…asking that they dig up the records off of their system for each of those phone numbers from those periods and provide them to us… they have confirmed that those records are available.’
QUESTIONER: ‘Are you going to post those on your website as well?’
SINCLAIR: ‘I will.’
Contradiction 5 weeks later:
07/24/08: Rense Interview
‘…what I’m finding absolutely amazing is, this is a firm that also represents Sprint Nextel corporation. The same phone company that is telling me they can not find me my phone records.’ Part 2: The Gay Angle
Timeline of encounters:
– June 9th, 2011: Larry says he did drugs with and performed oral sex on Obama the evening of Saturday, November 6th 1999 and again in the afternoon of Sunday, November 7th, 1999. Larry claims he flew back to Colorado the morning of November 8th.
– January 18, 2008: Larry claims in his YouTube video that he performed oral sex on Obama between November 3rd and November 8th of 1999 and that TWO days elapsed between the encounter in the limo and the encounter in the hotel room.
How he contacted the Obama campaign:
– June 9th, 2011: Says he called the campaign in September of 2007, quickly resulting in a series of phone calls and texts from Donald Young.
– January 23, 2008: Tells Jeff Rense on his radio show he had emailed the campaign and had been ignored. He never mentions having called the campaign, let alone having a series of phone, email or text conversations with anyone. No, he says he was completely ignored.
– February 17th, 2008: Tells Cao on her radio show that when he contacted the campaign that he was ignored in the hopes that he’d go away. The campaign simply failed to respond to him at all. Says he emailed Axelrod’s office because he didn’t have direct email address for Axelrod himself. Says a reporter finally encouraged him to put his story on YouTube.
A caller to that show, going by the handle “Helper”, asks Larry what he would have done if the campaign had ever told him outright that they were going to ignore his allegations. Larry’s reply: “Then I probably would have posted the YouTube video a lot sooner than I did.”
– March 10, 2008: In what Sinclair called “a bombshell”, Larry mentions, on the Jeff Rense Show, a ‘Paul Young’ and says he did have contact with him. He then corrects himself and says it was Donald Young and that it was his understanding that Young was gay.
– April 1, 2008: Larry files an affidavit with the CPD saying he was contacted by a “Mr. Young”, representing the Obama campaign, beginning in late September of 2007. So which is it? The campaign never responded to Larry and in fact ignored him? Or he was getting regular calls and texts from Donald Young?
Why he contacted the Obama Campaign
The above link demonstrates yet another contradiction on a lie that Sinclair told about why he wanted Obama to “come clean about his drug use”. After the above post went public, he deleted the meme from his story*. In fact in his book, he says something different.
The original lie:
Sinclair then claimed that the reason he came forward with the You Tube video on January 17, 2008 was because the Obama camp had ignored his repeated calls.
All he wanted Obama to do, according to Sinclair, was to “come clean” about his drug use as an adult. Sinclair claimed that he saw Obama address some kids about his drug use. Sinclair told supporters,that’s the reason he contacted the Obama camp in September, 2007. He wanted Obama to tell the ”truth”, which in Sinclair’s mind was that Obama did drugs as an adult in November, 1999.)
Versus what he said in his book: (After his original lie was blown out of the water!)
It was late August, early September, 2007 that I decided that it was time to contact Barack Obama and request that he publicly correct his lies about the extent of his drug use. I had come to this decision after repeatedly watching coverage on the likes of MSNBC, etc.,where the hype about Barack Obama being this “new kind of politics” and this “completely open and transparent candidate” had already started to get old.
*[EDITOR’S NOTE:] Ruh Roh, one of the many really smart regulars over at The Regulator brought this to my attention in two comments:
Apparently Sinclair has started using the old lie about seeing Obama talk to a kid or kids about drugs and how that motivated him (Sinclair) to contact the Obama campaign. Now, that is a total contradiction from what he wrote in his book!
Ruh Roh’s comments:
Larry returns to his story about deciding to contact the Obama campaign after seeing Obama tell some schoolkids that he had ended his drug use in college in his most recent interview, dated June 9 2011 http://longliveamerica.com/previous-shows/. However, in this interview he says it was at a college in the Philadelphia area (Larry was rattling off the names of colleges and universities, not high schools). In that same interview, he implores people to read his book in order to get the ‘facts’ straight from him, even though the interview contradicts the book. LOL
Here’s a link to the transcript of the interview: http://theregulator.net/?p=9652#comment-136385
And the relevant quote:
” So in 2007, after he announced he was running, I just happened to see a news report and I swear to this day I still think it was on MSNBC, where people were asking what it was about Barack Obama that got them so excited. And I believe him and Hilary both had scheduled uh speaking arrangements or engagements around Temple in Pennsylvania or Penn Sta-I’m not sure which school- but there was something going on in the Philadelphia area with the two of them. And I’m listening to this one girl on the news report saying that she thought that he was just, ya know, open and honest and she admired him for being honest about, ya know, his drug use and, and, and everything and I’m like wait a minute, he’s not being honest because everything I’ve read, the guy swore up and down that he, at first, he didn’t do anything other than weed, then he comes out and says OK, ya know, he did blow when he could afford it, uh then it came out that he hadn’t done anything since high school, then of course that changed to where he was saying that well, no, every now and then in college.
So what I did was I contacted the Obama campaign in September of 2007. ”
Minutes later, in the same interview, Larry says: “Lemme tell you something, and that’s what I want. I want people to read the book. Don’t read what you find on the internet because people have taken bits and pieces and twisted it, you know, to fit their, um, agenda. ”
Even though he just related a different story regarding what motivated him to go public with his accusations than the one he relates in his book!
On Wednesday Part 3 – The Limo Driver contradictions.